Monday, March 5, 2012

Stand Your Broom Up On Its Own!


Are you bored and looking for some low-budget fun?  Do you have a cheap plastic broom?  Well, you are in luck!  For this Spring Vernal Equinox, you can try to stand your broom up on its own.  Yes, you can take you plastic broom and stand it up on its bristles.  This is supposed to be due to the tilt of the earth and the gravitational pull right before the first day of Spring.  You can also sometimes make a raw egg stand up because of the Spring Vernal Equinox as well. 

For more information on this, check out: The Almanac - First Day of Spring

However, there are some non-believers, or party poopers as I'd like to call them, that say standing the broom by itself on its bristles is just a trick that can be done at anytime.  They believe the bristles are so soft, it will cause the broom to stand on its own no matter what.  The gravitational pull should not be strong enough to make the broom stand by itself.

You can read their article here: The Truth to the Broom Trick

All I can say is, my cousin tried the broom trick at her house tonight and got her broom to stand up.  I also tried the broom trick at my apartment and got my own broom to stand up.  You can see my own lovely standing broom in the photo above.  So I think there is something to the story.  However, I have been unable to get an egg to stand on its own.  I will try that again on March 20th.

For now, if you are really bored and don't feel like paying for entertainment, try the broom trick in your own home.  Fun times!

Check out a YouTube clip:

No comments:

Post a Comment