Sunday, September 25, 2011

Nutella - No So Expensive After All


My newest food obsession is now Nutella.  If you are not familiar with it, it is a hazelnut and cocoa spread.  Instead of using peanut butter on a sandwich, you can use Nutella.

For many years, I wanted to try Nutella but I was never able to because of the price.  Finally, Nutella's price has gone down and it is reasonable to buy.  Now that I've tasted it, I can't ever imagine how I lived without it.  The taste is very similar to the chocolate and hazelnut candy called Ferraro Rocher. 

The best thing about Nutella is you can use it for sandwiches.  I make a Nutella and jelly sandwich many days for work now.  This is perfect if you are bored with peanut butter and jelly.  When I am very broke, I find myself eating only peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for work each day.  This is not by choice; this is only because it is all I can afford.

If you are in the same position stuck and bored with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, I recommend giving Nutella a try.  It might really help your boring sandwich become more interesting.  For now, the price of Nutella is just under $3 at Walmart and $3 at Target.  Yes, that is slightly more expensive than peanut butter, but it is worth it if you might actually enjoy lunch each day.  Also, sometimes you even come across $1 off coupons for Nutella, so it makes the price even better.  So give Nutella a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment